The National Insitute for Environmental Studies was established in 1974. It handles environmental issues through the collaboration of researchers and staff with diversified specialties such as physics, chemistry, engineering, agriculture, fisheries, medicine, pharmacology, law/politics, and economics.
- 16-2 Onogawa, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8506
- On Nishi Odori, south of Doho Park, north of Route 354. Across from Coco's and behind Yamato Zushi.
- National Institute for Environmental Studies
- Center for Global Environmental Research
- Ministry of the Environment