Participate in the Second Annual Tsukuba International Speech Contest!
The City of Tsukuba invites you to express yourself by telling audiences your point of view, your experiences while living here, the differences between your own country and Japan, and so forth. They will be offering various prizes to the winners.
- Date: Sunday, October 30th, 12:30 - 4:00pm. Baby sitters available (apply before Oct.20th).
- Place: Tsukuba Capio
- Qualification: Applicants (of any age) must have foreign citizenship and must live, work or study in the Southern Ibaraki or Western Ibaraki Regions. Residency in Japan should not exceed 7 years as of October 1, 2005.
- Number of presenters: No more than 15 presenters. Applicants will be screened according to the submitted speech summary.
- Subject of your presentation: Any subject that is not political, commercial or religious is acceptable.
- Time limit: 5 minutes.
- Language of presentation: Japanese. You may include a maximum of 30 seconds in another language.
- To apply: Fill out the application form and submit it to the International Relations Division. At the same time, please also submit a written summary of your speech in Japanese, between 400 and 600 characters, in sentence form (a list of subjects or an outline is not acceptable) and a recorded reading of your summary in your own voice on an MD or a cassette tape. You must include a Japanese translation of any statements that are not in Japanese (up to 30 seconds). Additional application forms are available from any branch of Tsukuba City Hall and can also be mailed to you.
- DEADLINE: OCTOBER 4, 2005.
Bring or send applications to:
Tsukuba International Relations Committee,
City of Tsukuba
Address: 1979 Konda, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0018
Email: ctz030 AT info.tsukuba.ibaraki.jp
Organizers reserve the right to use participants’ photos in future city publications. They ask for your understanding and cooperation. Thank you.